Boris Johnson has urged people living in Britain to go back into work if they can, signalling a significant shift away from the current government policy.
Mr Johnson said in an online question and answer session with the public on 10th July: ‘I want people to go back to work as carefully as possible. It’s very important that people should be going back to work if they can now’.
HSE Social Distancing Advice
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has published the following guidelines on making workplaces COVID-secure:
Where possible you should keep people 2m apart. If this is not viable, keeping 1m apart with risk mitigation is acceptable.
These are some of the things you can do:
- use floor tape or paint to mark work areas
- provide signage to remind people to keep a 2 m distance
- use screens to create a physical barrier between people
- have people working side-by-side rather than face-to-face
- limit movement of people (rotating between jobs and equipment, using lifts and work vehicles, in high-traffic areas like corridors, turnstiles and walkways, allow only essential trips within buildings and between sites).
For further information visit: https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/working-safely/covid-secure.htm
In May we launched a range of innovative social distancing products to help businesses keep their employees and customers safe.
From floor tape and vinyls to signage and protective screens sneeze, we have developed a range of specialist solutions for maintaining social distancing in the workplace.
View our workplace range here: https://www.socialdistancingsolutions.uk/offices